The main fundraising event for the year is the annual Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal.
The common goal is to raise money for The Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, and to ensure that all children with life threatening illnesses receive the best possible medical and clinical care.
Many months of planning and work prior to Good Friday ensures that buses, cars, food for lunches, radio equipment and other necessities required for the smooth running of the day, are donated.
Voluntary work on Good Friday includes:
- Kid’s Day Out merchandise sales & activities
- Supervised donation collections at major intersections (18+ persons only)
- House-to-House door knocking by secondary school students and supervisors
- Companies organising fundraising events
- Pool car drivers on Good Friday to coordinate school and intersection collections
If you’d like to participate in this activity, please visit our volunteer page and complete an application form.